I would like to say thank you to all you who have visited my wittle baby blog and commented and made me laugh and smile! I must say that i am quite lucky in that respect! My heart flutters with delight as I think about you all!! Love and blessings!
Now onto the recap of the year that was 2010, I would like to say that this has been a really wonderful year. but that wouldn’t entirely be the truth, it would be better characterized as a rather hard year. No doubt there were plenty of joyous moments and shocking moments and heart wrenching moments. and though the me in me who places more onus on the bad than the good. there was a lot of good; I would like to say that I learned A LOT about God, learned A LOT about myself, learned A LOT about choice, hope, truth, love, dreams and pushing pass the difficult to see the miracle.
These are some of the Things I Have Learned This year:
- God is bigger than you can imagine. kinder than you give him credit for. and closer than you realize.
- Helping other people helps me.
- we all encounter jerks, a** holes, bozos and etc…don’t let those ones ruin you for all the rest!😉
- “she opens her mouth in wisdom And on her tongue is the law of kindness.” [proverbs 31:26] this is who i want to be!
- courage doesn’t mean you’re not afraid.
- do something that makes you come alive. if you dont remember what that is. start with lunch or dinner with your besties. and they’ll remind you.
- Thinking that life is greener on the other side is stupid. my lawn is just fine. in fact its actually beautiful upon closer inspection.
- saying you’re a christian and actually being one are two distinct categories. one costs nothing and the other costs you everything.
- with God, one door close and 3 open. believe that!
- Assuming is stifling. truth is freeing.
- seeing your world as glass half full is always the better choice.
- Money does not make anyone happy. but having money sure does make life a lot more manageable.
- learn to be resourceful
- Regret , Wishful thinking, Fantasy, Shame, Guilt, Defeat, Negativity, Bitterness, Unforgiveness, Jealousy, Anger, Self pity are all curable diseases. but left unchecked, uncrossed [ not a word i made it up. means not submitted at the foot of the cross, and unrepented of will kill you.
- “deal with those thoughts, habits, attitudes and behaviors that have been holding you back so that you can step into the promises of God for your life and the purpose for which you were created” – christine caine
- take off the glasses, unbutton your shirt, get out of the box and Let God be all he is and wants to be in your life. I’m sure he will dazzle you! he’s quite amazing that way!
- he’s really not that into you but there is someone who is kinder and finer and awesomer and funnier and sexier and more adjectives…who is. believe that!
- growing and moving forward really is the best revenge.
- dont just talk about it. be about it.
- being your own person isn’t overrated.
- My dreams aren’t made real until they’re HIS.
- Keeping this blog supports my personal development.
- Trying to look good limits my life. Trying to be beautiful mmmm now thats the fruit of life!
- Worrying solves nothing.
- Get a Life. your own life. all the people you admire have one.
- “how can i love my neighbor as myself, if I don’t love myself?” -christa black
- Complaining is silly. Either act or forget.
- Everybody thinks they are right.
- no one ever said it would be easy just that the view would be worth the climb.
- There is a very thin line between being funny and rude and being “real” and mean. choose wisely.
- its okay to believe in happily ever after and prince charming. just keep in mind that some assembly and elbow grease is required.
- be fierce. be fabulous. be a nerd. be silent. be adventurous. be inquisitive. be beautiful. be courageous. be kind. be outrageous. be funny. be a sister. be a friend. be a lover. be a lady. give yourself room to be all you are.
- acknowledge your feelings but dont stay there.
- to believe is to begin
So 2010, its been real. Adios sucka!!