by glitter guide.com
- Don’t save your favorite jewels for ‘a special occasion.’ Life is the special occasion! Treat every day like a party, and wear a tangle of your favorite necklaces, a cluster of your grandmother’s brooches, or your treasured rings each day.
- Be kind to your body. Get enough sleep and sunshine, eat well, drink gallons of water, and move about. You’ll not only be overflowing with energy, but you’ll also look gorgeous and radiant.
- Practise random acts of kindness. Tell a stranger in the street how great they look, leave a little note with a tip at your local cafe about how much you adore the cake, volunteer for a worthy local cause. It doesn’t really matter what it is, but doing lovely, selfless things often will make you smile on the inside.
- Always buy yourself a bunch of flowers. They needn’t be expensive! (In spring, I love nothing more than $2 bunches of daffodils and white narcissi on my windowsill.) The loveliness that they add to your home will belie their cost.
- If you’re in a wardrobe rut, make an effort to do your hair and put on your cutest heels for no particular reason at all. You’ll spend the day feeling that little bit lovelier.
- Don’t let grey skies get you down! Treat them as an excuse to wear a poppy pink lipstick, an adorable umbrella, and perhaps a shot of pastel or fuschia in your outfit (the same optimistic rules apply to bad days).
- Tweak your everyday routines to make the rituals extra special. Can’t function without your morning tea or coffee? Have it in your prettiest china! You’ll feel as though you’re having a tea party every single morning!
- One day every week (without fail), go on a date with someone you love. It doesn’t need to be grand or over-the-top. Why not go somewhere fabulous for a cocktail with your best friend on payday each month? Or get dressed up to see a musical you’ve been wanting to see for ages all by yourself? Or take a bike ride at sunset with your loved one? Whatever it is, make time for special moments with the people you love.
- Add some sparkle to your home (literally!). I’m all about these glittery letters (via Twisted Twig on Etsy) to put on a bookshelf or against a wall. Or, brush up on your DIY skills and make a garland of glittery bunting to string across your wall. You’ll smile every time you look at it! (Check out 7 other ways to add sparkle to your home.)
- If you’re feeling uninspired, broaden your horizons. Make plans to take a trip to a city you’ve always wanted to explore, visit a new museum in your area, or go to your favourite bookstore for something wonderful to read this week. Instant inspiration!
check out the entire article including all the awesome pics here. // photo via weheart.com